Moviemakers Club
Home Search Calendar Login Register Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Moviemakers Club  |  The Set  |  The Agenda  |  Topic: Little Big Planet Contest -- Dec. 21 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Linked Events
Author Topic: Little Big Planet Contest -- Dec. 21  (Read 1716 times)
icysour21
(Jeannie Yu)
Retired Member

« on: December 07, 2008, 10:06:45 PM »

*Create a short film that expresses the theme: "Play, Create and Share"

The Play/Create/Share Short Film Challenge asks filmmakers everywhere to have more fun and let their imaginations run wild. Play in, create and share your unique world with us.  Show us what you got by creating a short film that pushes your creativity to the limit.

Requirements:
- no longer than 5 minutes
- file has to be in .mov or .wmv format
- at most 5 submissions per person/ email address

First Place (1) : win $5000
2nd Place (2): win $1000

http://www.ifc.com/medialab/littlebigplanet/
WM
(William Mok)
Club Founder

iMok Productions

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 10:17:37 PM »

So would this include our Little Kook in a Cabin? (snip off piece 1 and submit?)

countglenn
(Nathan Cline)
Grammar Medic
Distinguished Member

For every disease there is a cure.

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 09:20:22 PM »

...This is the BEST contest ever. Working on my script now. What's the deadline for the films?

As I said, it's all up to you whether or not you're willing to pay 50 bucks for this, but I paid a hundred bucks for "Mirror's Edge", so I guess that makes me a RETAAD. -Yahtzee Croshaw on Left 4 Dead
WM
(William Mok)
Club Founder

iMok Productions

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 08:40:43 PM »

Dec.21-

countglenn
(Nathan Cline)
Grammar Medic
Distinguished Member

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 11:05:33 PM »

Ah. Oh. Better make it short, then...

As I said, it's all up to you whether or not you're willing to pay 50 bucks for this, but I paid a hundred bucks for "Mirror's Edge", so I guess that makes me a RETAAD. -Yahtzee Croshaw on Left 4 Dead
WM
(William Mok)
Club Founder

iMok Productions

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2008, 06:38:19 PM »

So each person can submit 5 that fit under the theme (which is broad so..).  Any ideas which we want to use?

I'm thinking for now:
Nootan Man
Daydreamer
Little Kook - first 2 min. or so

Ashleen
(Ashleen Lal)

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2008, 09:11:08 PM »

What do you mean 5?
Like 5 movies or something?
Definitely use Kook and Daydreamer.
Not too sure about Nootenman, wait, is that the one where Asee needs an education? If so, use it.
You know, would the rambling session b/w Gavin and Alaina work actually? They are technically "creating"...though it's on the spot.
WM
(William Mok)
Club Founder

iMok Productions

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 04:00:49 AM »

Yeah Gavin and Alaina's conversations (all together) make up about 5 min so I may use those...

countglenn
(Nathan Cline)
Grammar Medic
Distinguished Member

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 07:22:48 PM »

"At my age, we killed all the kids who believed in Santa Claus."

Speaking of which, we wouldn't be able to finish my "new" movie in time. So, I'm making my own movie. I should be finished by Wednesday, so long as I work hard enough... anyway, I'll be ready to show you guys by then. I might need some VHS-DVD-INTERNETZ service though... Roll Eyes So yeah. See you guys then.

Solaris
(Simon Lal)
The Power of the Sun

True form of Solaris

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »

that's perfect no one can get better than that except there may be a little confusion about whats going on

WE will have to wait a bit longer for the Mario space time continua, but in the mean time we can play a 2d Mario game with multiplayer support so now we can annoy up to four players for maximum efficiency- Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw on The Second Annual e3 Hype Massacre
countglenn
(Nathan Cline)
Grammar Medic
Distinguished Member

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »

Making a teaser for Food Battle 30XX. Will upload it to YouTube on Sunday. Check it out when it's out and see if it's good.

Won't get it done for a while. But you guys will still love it. Hopefully. It's my attempt at a good movie!

WM
(William Mok)
Club Founder

iMok Productions

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008, 04:34:30 AM »

Sounds interesting - good luck!

For the Christmas movie, I'm thinking we cut off everything at the beginning at start where Asee is decorating the tree?

WM
(William Mok)
Club Founder

iMok Productions

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 02:46:06 PM »

Ashleen are you going to submit a shorter version of Psychotrist or a cleaned up copy of Talking with God?

So I'm going to be submitting the following:
- Little Kook in a Cabin (first act, up to where he cuts off Kao's head)
- A Christmas Tale (starting from where Asee decorates tree)
- Nooten Man
- Daydreamer

Any other suggestions? You have until the end of today! Tongue

WM
(William Mok)
Club Founder

iMok Productions

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 04:17:22 PM »

So I have a slot for one more... what do you guys think of the Flying movie? Maybe a clip like http://mmc.pftq.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-7100

It's very short, but also somewhat impressive I'd think... (besides the wrong clothing for when it rains Tongue )

WM
(William Mok)
Club Founder

iMok Productions

« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2008, 02:49:53 PM »

k I've submitted the following:
Little Kook (first act)
Christmas Tale (last 5 min)
Nooten Man
Flying video (where rain hits the camera)

Looked at the other contests on IFC and the videos are very professional so I don't think Daydreamer's going to cut it.

That means one more slot though. Tongue Ideas before the day ends!

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Moviemakers Club  |  The Set  |  The Agenda  |  Topic: Little Big Planet Contest -- Dec. 21
Jump to: